In the agri-food sector, water is an essential resource for the development of its productive activity. Water consumption in this industry represents approximately 1.8% of total water use in Europe. Therefore, saving and reusing water is becoming increasingly important.
Companies generate large economic savings by giving a second life to their wastewater. On the one hand, the loss of valuable resources and the resulting management costs are avoided; on the other hand, the costs of acquiring raw materials are reduced by replacing them with recycled materials.
In addition to providing an economic benefit for the companies, a positive impact on the environment is generated by reducing the amount of contaminated water in river and sea ecosystems.
In order for companies to reuse water, they need technically and economically viable technologies to speed up the process.
INGEOBRAS has developed a proprietary technology created specifically for the treatment of wastewater from the agri-food industry, called ANAERGY.
Its modularity and flexibility allows its use both in the main treatment processes, generating energy during the process, and in tertiary treatment for reuse.
ANAERGY has an extremely efficient and fully configurable single or two-stage biological main core. The design is tailored to the specific needs required by the customer.
Some of the main advantages of ANAERGY:
- Unlike reverse osmosis membranes, it has no contaminant rejections.
- It consumes only about 1% of the water in washing.
- It has an extremely low OPEX as it works with very low water pressure.
- Very low water and carbon footprint due to low energy consumption and low wash water consumption.
- Very high performance due to an ultra-porous granular fixed bed biological core that filters and biofilters at the same time.
- It is a robust but easy to install system thanks to its modularity (savings in installation and assembly costs of up to 50%).
- System designed and configured specifically for each customer’s wastewater.
- The residence time is shorter than traditional solutions, going from days to hours, so the size is smaller and therefore the investment is lower.
- Complies with the principles of the Circular Economy and Waste Recovery. It supports the efficient management of the planet’s resources and the reuse of waste to obtain benefits from it.
Together with our partner FILTRALITE (SAINT-GOBAIN) we are able to offer from small compact plants to large compact containerised plants. Both are 100% customisable, fully automated, without the need for civil works and with Plug&Play technology.