BIOEnergHII: Production of biohydrogen and biomethane from wastewater
BIOEnergHII is a collaborative project between Ingeobras (Inngen.io) and UniSieve, funded by the Eurostars programme, which focuses on developing an innovative solution to produce green energy from industrial wastewater. The project aims to generate biohydrogen gas and biomethane in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way, thus contributing to the production of renewable energy and reducing the environmental footprint.
The main objectives of this project are :
- To study the behaviour of bioprocesses for the generation of hydrogen and methane from wastewater and their behaviour when working in series.
- To optimise the production of hydrogen and methane jointly.
- Develop and validate membrane technologies to improve gas purification.
- Establish efficient membrane and cartridge manufacturing methods.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of energy production from agro-industrial wastewater.
The final result of the project is expected to be a system capable of generating green energy in the form of biohydrogen and biomethane by integrating technologies based on bioprocesses and membranes. To this end, the construction of a prototype is foreseen that will allow the validation of such a system, which will allow the valorisation of agro-industrial wastewater.
This project has received funding from the “Eurostars-3” programme with co-funding from CDTI and the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon Europe”.
The project has been supported by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.